Family Therapy Can Help Resolve Your Parenting Issues
It almost goes without saying that being a parent is one of the most rewarding and profound experiences one can have. Many parents find themselves challenged and stretched beyond their imaginations when it comes to their children. While parenting can be joyful, fun and rewarding, it can also be challenging, frustrating and trying.
We have a great deal of experience working with parents in various states of stress. We understand how deeply responsible parents feel, and how important it feels to “get it right.” In therapy, parents learn:
- How their own upbringing affects what they each bring to their family
- The difference between discipline and punishment
- How to better understand misbehavior
- How to impart empathy and self esteem to their child
- How to embrace, appreciate, and incorporate differences in parenting styles
- How to be effective advocates for their child in any type of institutional situation, educational, medical or legal
- How to partner as parents to provide consistency and security for your kids
- How to be an effective step-parent
We will assist you in better understanding your child’s personality and their perspective. This will help you see that your kid isn’t doing things or saying things just to drive you crazy.